Terramar

Thursday, April 08, 2021

It's been 7 years since my last entry into this journal. A lot has changed.

My son Jason recently left this entry on the BLOG : 

Blogger Jason Froelich said...

Dad, it's been really great surfing with you on Mondays lately and I can't wait until April 6, 2021 when you are retired and we can go surfing all the time :-)

11:17 PM

 Delete

Exactly 7 years ago, on my last entry April 6th, 2014 (my birthday)
 I was 58 years old and my dad was dying in a hospital up in Reno.
   My mother left this earth long ago, when I was 24 years old. My Sister left early too. 
 My immediate  remaining blood family members are my brother who is 74 years old,
 and my son Jason who is 34. 
I promised myself years back at 65 I will try to retire.
I did it ! !
I retired at 65 a few days ago ! ! 
I can surf when ever I want to. I hope to surf a lot. 
I hope to surf a lot with Jason, my son.

I have been working on my now old and beat up body, in anticipation.
Shoulder lifts with dumb bells'
Curls
Sit ups
Pushups
Bicycling
long walking
I have lost about 30 lbs and have about 20 to go ideally.

I have only surfed 5 times this year. Both knees have sustained damage... real damage.
I can still pop-up but it is slower now and more guarded. But in the only 5 sessions this year 3 of which were with Jason I have stood up on waves and got into faces, 
I AM FILLED WITH REAL HOPE !
Hope to surf often with my son in beautiful thick glassy waves, Wearing only trunks.
~ Gliding in, under, over, and thru the beautiful waters ~
I AM STOKED
Totally stoked.


Surf on .... I know I will 





No comments: