Terramar

Friday, February 19, 2010

WED PM was one to remember...

After Tuesdays stoke and
the realization of why work seems soooo hard to me now ( my lack of after work surfing), I decided for a repeat bliss out.
( Oh yeah, Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday, March 14th.. sunset is 7 pm )
There is my cure for what ails me !
anyways...
Got there but there was a coastal mystery fog, no sunny clear skies like the day before.
Was to meet Dave and his truck was there... but no Dave.
I saw the reef was going considerably better so I made the paddle south on the newly modified
Clear board.
Dave was there with 20 others however he was south at the "right". The right is OK, but the left usually is much better....usually.
Glass, clear water, shoulder to higher PEELING RIGHT waves that ran 20-50 yards with shoulder and clear glass faces. I had the right board and made every one effortlessly it seemed. These weren't the heart thumping waves of the last months that are a challenge just to drop into and get out of, that I have been doing because of timing issues ( and trying to go big)
Nope.
These were easy sweet rides.
After maybe 5 and long ( big grin ) paddle backs... Dave, I, and the others saw a few dolphins real close doing some great air tricks, landing on their backs etc....
anyways I take off on a beautiful shoulder high, glass face and there, 1 foot under me the whole way( 30 yards ), is a 9 foot dolphin looking right up at me and cris crossing under my board for the entire ride ! ! I have seen that sort of thing before, but not this long and clearly.
In fact as I rode by some folks on the shoulder of this cruiser wave, I was pointing down at the dolphin and just laughing.
My paddle back was interrupted by several people who asked "did you see that?" and holy moly kinda of comments. Wow....just wow !
It was nothing short of spectacular ! !

Will the pure amazement of this thing ever cease ? I think not.
I have been out probably 1500 times in the relatively short amount of time I have been surfing
( 8 years) I suspect my stoke to last
until I leave this earth maybe(hopefully, at least ) 30 years or so from now.
surf on....

No comments: