Terramar

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Better than...


<------Dave ( in glasses) and I

. Back log 2 Fridays back I was to meet my son after work for a sunset surf. I was late getting out of work and felt pressure to have a great surf. That always sets me up for failure. GREAT EXPECTATIONS.
I didn't get a single
(albeit, poor shape and conditions, LoL)
wave.
I just bobbed in the water beside myself with dissatisfaction. Unfortunately, my son was subjected to this behavior from me, however subtle my mood was.
I can count on a single hand the times I have felt like this in the water. That just doesn't happen, thankfully.
I am no doubt "changed" from the events of the year, both physically and spiritually. It is my mission to get back to as close to good as I can. I make progress and slide back as well in both areas. This is to be expected for me now. Steps forward and slides backwards. I guess this is the natural progression of things in my circunstance. I will say that I am pleased that my body is getting better, stronger, and responding to my challenges. I do it for my surfing, myself, but mostly for my wife Laurie, my son Jason, my other family and friends like Dave, Michelle, and Lori.
The next day I went out with Dave while my son went to work.
This next morning I stood on most every wave I wanted and had a very "normal" surf, which was GREAT ! ! I seem to get what I need right when I need it most. This keeps me goin on, keeps a little spark within my soul, something to stoke up.
It was good to move on the faces, get up without thinking about it.

2 comments:

christian said...

I'm glad you were able to have a decent session after the poor outing. :)

Chell said...

I celebrate with you! You have come a long way in a short time. I know the slides are frustrating, but one day you will look back and see how far you've come and be amazed.

Surf on my friend...