Terramar

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy Independence Day 2012

I love the Fourth of July Independence Day. It is a feel good day for me and mine.
Got in today (solo) at 545am Silence Trunks Glass Reef grass Schooling fishes below me Overcast Small little waves. Paddled to the reef and was completely alone save one seal and whatever else lay beneath. Got about 4-5 small stand ups and rode slowly looking into the calm water below my board. Terry came over and joined me at about the right time as I do enjoy peace and quiet and also company. We each had a couple little rides, just as 5 people started their paddle out we got out and I called it a day. Nice relaxed 2 hour surf. Really very different to surf in solitude, just you and the ocean. Very nice Very rare Happy Independence Day

2 comments:

pabs said...

That's my favorite kind of surfing...just you and Mother Ocean. However, did not have that kind of luck up in NORCAL for the 4th...check out my blog for the details.

Surf Camps Costa Rica said...

Everyone should be greet on that day because it the special day of every citizen.