Terramar

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Work IS good for SURFING ? ?

Well blow me down. After 8 months out of the water and work, it seems my 1st week back at work has helped strengthen my core and abdomen a little. After my pool rehab session today I feel the best yet. I was popping up off the pool floor, jumping off the pool floor, and launching off the side of that pool with virtually No incisional discomfort. SLOW and STEADY will WIN this race.
I now believe I will not only be able to paddle out again but,
WILL STAND AND SURF some time in the next 2-4 weeks. I thought for sure I had herniated or torn my abdominal wall around one of my incisions, I now believe otherwise.
I still intend to listen very carefully to my poor old body and let it tell me what to do but in the same light my body is responding to my efforts almost daily SO ........... keep a good thought and soon I should be back in action
surf on.....
I'll be there soon ! !

No comments: