Terramar

Monday, May 04, 2009

Your brain calls but the body stalls.


Weird Waves this Sunday.
Probably, best described as inconsistent.
I would say the same about myself.
I got some. My best wave, and a nice one by others standards was cut too short while dodging insiders.
I enjoyed the time in the water. Things did play with my brain though, detracting from the experience.
Once again I am plagued by various pains related to events of over a year ago. These alter the way the body works for sure, especially in a "high performance" situation. Your brain calls but the body stalls.
No doubt I am in the position( once again) of having to drop 20 lbs. That 20lbs pushes out on the abdominal
scarring and incision sites,prior drain hole areas., etc,etc.
I worry and struggle to not plateau at
at a performance level that is less than before surgery(s). I HOPE that I will keep getting better at surfing, as well as at life.
There is a lot of work to do, I guess there always has been, and always will be..god willing.

surf on

2 comments:

Surfsister said...

Bill, you can make that 20 lbs. disappear. You will do it. You want to surf to the fullest. You can't do that unless you make it happen.

(This from a woman who only two weeks out of knee replacement surgery is fighting feelings of despair.)

We'll both get through this. Surf on, Bill!

Bill said...

THX Sister M