Terramar

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reefer Madness

The reef was in full swing this morning. Got out @ 630 and things were drained at the houses and the beach, but the reef just pounds on during the whole of last week and this morn.
Last night I never made it into the water....defective shorty zipper failed, and I wasn't in the mood to trunk.
Fixed the zipper( thought I did ).
Went out today, put on the shorty suit, and" voila" the whole zipper fell of broken.
A buddy, Dan, loaned me his shorty as he wanted to go full suit, repaying some wet suit help I offered him from a weekend prior.
I walked down with him and Chuck, but as they turned to paddle out I just kept walking to the reef.
I NEVER DO THAT !
Paddled out and immediately turned on one in the middle of 20 reefers. It was G O O D.
Good wave, but more so, Good for the HEAD and SPIRIT. I will admit I never got a MAIN peak but took off whenever I knew I could get one to myself, especially if I felt others wouldn't beat their section.
This paid off well. I got 6-8 really nice ones today, coulda done better and been more aggro, coulda done a lot worse and not have had any.

Might go back out tonight, waiting on a call,
well see

1 comment:

christian said...

Sounds like a great session, wetsuit issues aside. :)