Terramar

Monday, July 05, 2010

........... "It's NOT ok to be Gray.....STILL"

or

How I got my STOKE back.


I am tired of this years extended May Gray and June Gloom

Wah Wah Wah ! ! !.....Ok?
Ok
Thurs PM I get some out there.
Friday PM I get some more at the reef.... dreaming of the big South on the way
Saturday AM.....check it...it sucks' I split.
Sunday AM the 4th, Jason and I check it, looks craptacular, we split....
missing 2 surf days on a weekend is enough to really get me down if I let it.
Jason to the rescue......I am trying not to get down and he suggests going to
a Padres ( were number 1) game. I like "yeah, ok" and he starts looking for tickets. He sees a Craigs list add for some last minute ticket.... posted just 15 minutes ago. we get 10th row field level tickets in between home and first.... FOR 20 BUCKS each ! ! ! ! whoa !

Turns into a 9th inning tie
and Tony Gwyn Junior bats in a game winner... PERFECT day at the Ball Park.
Get outta San Diego at 3:30 and home without any traffic at 420...perfect
Get ready to go to the Fireworks show, we can virtually walk to a $100000.00 show
@ Brengle Terrace Park in Vista and have been each year for 23 years....except this year my wife Laurie has gone on a camping trip in Northern Cali with a close friend..... I am Missing her.
Jason, his gal Emily and myself go to the show....perfect no hassles no long waits in traffic... just a GREAT show.. we come back and have our traditional Root Beer Floats..." BIG SMILE"
My son just treated me to a great day....!!

I am stoked
Monday AM... wake up for dawn patrol @ 5 but crawl back in and go back to sleep, something I rarely ever get to do....
Dave calls me up and says come out at 630. Jason and I get there in trunks and
IT'S RAINING ? We go in he gets some great shoulder high rides, so do I.
We each get a head high drop or 2.
He gets the wave of the day where 3 other much more seasoned surfers couldn't and
I get really PROUD and all that.

I needed this, it came at a good time, thanks Jason,

thanks Dave,
thanks Terramar Surf buddies.

Got my stoke back ! !
surf on ! !

2 comments:

christian said...

Your Padres have been on fire lately. I feel you on the battle to regain stoke. Surfing definitely operates on its own time. I'm battling through some low tide, point break blues. Got to escape to the beach breaks!

twin said...

my 9-y-o decided this past weekend (the 4th) that he was "ready to surf a real board"...so we spent the weekend practicing in the whitewater. the surf was crap...but definitely one of the best sessions i've ever had! son's are awesome that way... :)