Terramar

Saturday, March 05, 2011

I was in for a long time considering


how long I've been out. IN TRUNKS, just not my trunks.
After an unreasonable bear of a week ( the culmination of months really ) the "big thing" at work was done and our department did well.
I got out at 645 this morning. No real consistency going on but some peaks would show hear and there. I was really looking forward to some spring like warmth, sun and glass.
Well that is exactly what I got. Saw some friends and met some new ones, too.
Someone claimed I got the wave o the day. After a bit maybe 830 I got out due to some heavy leg cramping. Really kind of scared me a bit....it seems to be progressive over the last 2 years.
Ate some food and during this time
I watched Chuck get about 6 waves and ride em ( like always ) REALLY WELL.
SUN SHINNING SO WARM AND THE GLASS PREVAILED.
I GOT SO STOKED WATCHING HIM
I WENT TO A FRIEND, MIKE AND ASKED IF I COULD BORROW A PAIR OF TRUNKS.
HE HAD SOME AND OFF I WENT IN FOR A TWO-FER.
Got a few more but in trunks it is always so much better. Got the typical and frequent "he's a kook looks" but I didn't mind at all. Paddled way down to Igors hung out there caught another few then paddled back.
THAT WAS COOL....the trunks and all.
All in all I was in the water today for 4 1/2 hours.
Stoked
Tired...yeah
but,
stoked

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE: the cramps. Try eating a banana every time before you go out. I'm no doctor, but it works for me.

Bill said...

I'll do it, I also hear the magnesium is important for that

Anonymous said...

Bill, I used to get nasty Charlie Horses in the water. eating a banana is a good idea and make sure you are well hydrated. I thought it was cold saturday morning so I am surprised you trunk-ed it later. i guess that warm sun helps. c-ya next time.

Terry