Terramar

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Swell, Day 3 Thurs, made the paddle out

Thursday after work

Jason, Dave, Pat and I went at it again.
It was Bigger than Wed. but more forgiving ( on the paddle out) than Tuesday, despite the fact that I got to the outside without too much difficulty, Jason and David did not. When I finally was outside far enough to relax, I turned to find Jason but couldn't see him. As I caught my breath I finally did see him approximately 8 minutes later. He was almost outside. This means he was paddling for twice the length of time that I was. Dave was still way inside and now long into a difficult paddle. He would not make this one, this time.
Pat came out without too much trouble. He is my paddle idol !
I Caught a left that was pretty darn big,
did a little dance,
then came up and over the back so as not to get too far inside on the first wave of the day.
That would be my last real chance of getting a nice one that night.
Everything else that came through my way, in my viewpoint, was not the right wave for me. Jason got on a great left and rode it well....way into the impact zone.
I thought I won't be seeing him for the rest of the evening as the paddle back for him would be too much after his initial paddle out.
I was so proud to see him battle his way back to the outside AGAIN ! It was another brutal paddle out, but he did it.
My son, Jason, is one

"Tenacious J"
I am so proud of how he doesn't give up. He just doesn't quit these days.
Pat was dropping a few waves out there. He is a go for it guy. Very cool.
Jason got into a couple. I decided the next one would be a ride in for me and we both rode in for the night. Pat came in about 10 minutes later. Dave was high, dry and warm.
It was a good night. A difficult night. Not a lot of waves were ridden, but the waves were big and power full and it took guts.

No comments: