Terramar

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Swell, day 1. Couldn't make the paddle out

I will get to THAT in a minute...
First the good...

Saturday
and Sunday were good Got some pretty good stuff

and had fun

Now... Tuesday Mid March Swell, Day 1.
Couldn't make the paddle out
This is a source of great frustration for me.
After work today, Jason and I went out at 5 palms thinking the channel there would help.
Nope. It didn't work out that way.
I think I learned something from this one however.
Dave was there on the rocks with his camera, probably hoping to get some shoots of me on some big stuff.
What he DID see was I was mid way through the paddle out, when all I had to do was wait and maintain my position. Get pushed back, then use just enough energy to get back to the same spot, and wait, wait for the inevitable lull that would come.
That lull did come after about 5 minutes.
After I turned and rode the white water back in.
I watched Jason get out twice as far, but he could go no further, no arms left.

I learned I have to think as well as react.
Gonna go again tomorrow night , and he rest of this week while it stays big and/or bigger.

Better to go than not go at all

yes?

OF COURSE !
surf on...

2 comments:

6ftnperfect said...

the stairs

Madafact said...

i was out tonight at sunset and i am convinced that our lovely terramar just doesnt really like norths...

i have such fond memories of the summer fun i had there last year. ive always thought a good angled north would light up the point but i have yet to see my dreams come true...


tonight was closed out, unusually empty, still fun but has me jonesing for those souths that march in perfectly...


hope to see you out there one day

brendon